18776Re: [midatlanticretro] Proposed NJ law may impact our hobby

  • Systems Glitch
    Oct 27, 2010
      Same here in Capitaland, NY...at least in some localities. I'm aware of at least one old radio hobbyist who said, after getting in an argument with a neighbor, the city paid him a visit to ask about the "hazardous electronics waste" he was storing in his shed.

      You're also not allowed to park a commercial vehicle even semi-permanently in the street. So if you're a dump truck owner/operator and you live in a house that only has street parking, you're SOL.

      A lot of these seemingly for-the-greater-good regulations do have negative impact when the law is misunderstood by authorities enforcing it or abused by those looking to do others harm. Of course, that can be said of most laws. I'd fully support a law that plainly stated, "no one is allowed to put electronics in the municipal waste."

      --Jonathan