1877Re: [midatlanticretro] What will you exhibit at VCF East 3.0 ?

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Dec 4, 2005
      David Gesswein wrote:
      >>I'm coming, and I'm trying really hard to come up with enough money to
      >>transport one of my S/390 G1's there.
      >>

      > So how big is it and what year? I found one picture online that might be
      > something like it and it looked like a wide 6 foot rack size. What does it
      > take for power? I stopped having anything to do with IBM mainframes at the
      > 3081 time frame.

      It's about 1992 or thereabouts. Takes 208V 3-Phase. I do have older
      machines around, but then size, power and cooling become prohibitive.

      It's quite large.

      The CPU/Memory/IO Controller is a double-wide 27" 6' rack. The DASD
      controller and array probably won't come to be exhibited because the
      disk array weighs something in the neighborhood of the 6000lb and burns
      more than 10kW. The tape drive is a 27" 7' rack. The lineprinter isn't
      all that big. I probably don't need to bring a terminal server down.

      So, all told, roughly floor space for three 27" racks and a table.
      Weight of roughly 4000lb. Less than 5kW power, in all likelyhood.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 59 messages in this topic