      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Christian Liendo
      Sent: Wed 10/27/2010 11:06 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Proposed NJ law may impact our hobby

      I know people in California with racks in their houses that have more than 5 computers

      In fact I know a guy in NJ with the same.

      I am going though the proposal pdf.... I am at work so I can't spend a lot of time, but so far it's a lot of definitions of what things are.

      Definitaion of Consumer
      “Consumer” means a person, other than a business concern, who purchases a covered electronic device in a retail sale. [Page 5]

      Definition of Retail Sale
      “Retail sale” means the sale of covered electronic devices through sales outlets, via the Internet, mail order, or other means, whether or not the retailer has a physical presence in this State. [Page 8]

      --- On Wed, 10/27/10, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@... <mailto:kelly%40catcorner.org> > wrote:
      The last state to implement this (CA) has some really strange standards and policies. If you have more than 5 computers on site and you are not a company, then you might have to be a registered waste disposal facility or a licensed recycler. Note that these are informal policies, not official rules. That means they're enforced sporadically, and very hard to fight if you are stuck on the wrong end.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic