18766Re: [midatlanticretro] Proposed NJ law may impact our hobby

  • Christian Liendo
    Oct 27, 2010
      I think this is a good thing.

      #1 It will not affect people who keep old technology. This is not like the proposed Japanese law forcing people to discard old technology.

      #2 I find this a good idea because people take their machines (even good vintage computers) and toss them in the garbage. Now they will go to recyclers who are probably more knowledgeable and more likely to save real vintage equipment. In fact I see items for sale from current recyclers.

      So I don't see how this will affect our hobby..
      Also now with China no longer shipping rare earth metals. There should soon be a larger demand to recycle them from older electronics

      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/business/global/05recycle.html?_r=2
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic