18763Re: [midatlanticretro] Proposed NJ law may impact our hobby

  • Bob Applegate
    Oct 27, 2010
      > The Electronic Waste Management Act bans the disposal of televisions and
      > all personal or portable computers - including desktop, notebook and
      > laptop computers, as well as computer monitors - in the regular waste
      > stream beginning Jan. 1, 2011. Currently in comment phase.

      I'll have to speed up my disposal of old Pentium machines and CRTs at home.

      Hopefully we don't head towards the European RoHS standards for
      electronics. People are still trying to figure out problems related to
      no-lead soldering.

      However, there are businesses in Europe that specialize in recycling of
      old electronics, so if someone finds a friend at one of those places, they
      can pick out all the good stuff before it gets processed :)

      BOb
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic