18751Re: [midatlanticretro] Outreach, rescues, etc.

  • Dan Roganti
    Oct 26 11:13 AM
      On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      tomorrow we're getting another "first" for MARCH -- several Data General
      Novas.  We were promised other Novas a year or two ago, but the person
      didn't (yet) come through.  This latest rescue is from a plastics
      manufacturing company that's closing its warehouse.  It used the Novas
      for production and also sold them as part of a commercial system.

      The details, according to the benefactor:
       >> Data General Nova-3, rack mount, 12" high chassis
       >> Data General Nova 1200, rack mount, 12" chassis
       >> Three "Point-4" Nova-compatible machines, rack mount, 6" high chassis
       >> Assortment of spare 15" x 15" boards for the above, including
      magnetic core memory
       >> Sykes 8" floppy disk drives
       >> Paper tape readers and punches

      Now that this museum is growing, it would be responsible to annotate the significant donations, such as this one and other previous ones, by using a sort of plaque, any small size will do , to show the origin of the equipment and benefactor to show your appreciation for this donation. Something as simple as engraved plexiglass will do, and that's very economical to order.

      =Dan