      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] History of networking
      To: "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 2:18 PM

      >>> Does George Stibitz's work not count because he used a teletype on one end?‬

      It all counts, it's just a question of where people like to draw their arbitrary lines.

      For example, when I tell people about MOBIDIC, sometimes they laugh at calling it "portable". But it was specifically designed to move around. "It's a portable computer, Jim, but not as we know it..."

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic