1839Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff to be thankful for...

  • Chris M
    Nov 21, 2005
      awwww how sweet. I even got a mention. Makes me feel
      all warm and fuzzy. Got leads on a couple of hot
      items! Details to follow. Clear my mind of vintage
      puters...not in your life!
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <evan947@...> wrote:
      > Hello Marchins,
      >
      > It's been quiet here for the past week or so, which
      is a good thing, because
      > I think some of us (me included) needed to clear our
      minds from vintage
      > computers for a while. Thanksgiving is a great time
      to do so.

      > Going into December, we'll sort out the remaining
      details of our starter web
      > site / PayPal button, Jim Scheef will pay our
      incorporation bill, me and
      > some othr board members will write up club bylaws,
      and then we can celebrate
      > the end of our first year of existence. (I still
      can't believe our mailing
      > list reached 100 people!)
      >
      > Fred previously suggested that our eventual museum
      include a small store for
      > selling books, t-shirts, replica kits, etc. ... John
      Allain added the great
      > idea tonight of having a club consignment store in
      there too. That way
      > visitors can pick up some actual vintage computing
      gear (or whatever) and
      > our members / club budget would all benefit from it.
      We could keep a list
      > in the museum store of which members have what to
      sell, price, etc., and
      > perhaps keep some inventory there.
      >
      > Anyway, it's food for thought.
      >
      > At turkey-time, I'm thankful for Andy having the
      idea to get local
      > collectors together; everyone who answered our
      initial cctalk / vcforum
      > posts looking for such local collectors; the Trenton
      Computer Festival staff
      > for positively responding to our idea of a large
      exhibit; everyone in the
      > club who made that TCF event a huge success
      (especially those of you who
      > came from far away!); Herb Johnson for contributing
      our first $20; InfoAge
      > and Fred Carl for agreeing to work with us on the
      museum project and letting
      > us manage Mr. Grabbe's collection; Jim Scheef for
      handling our
      > money/business matters in a professional and swift
      manner; Bill Degnan for
      > donating the web hosting; John Allain for
      volunteering to be webmaster; Jeff
      > Salzman for all his work on our ever-changing logo;
      Sellam Ismail for giving
      > us his blessing to run VCF East next year; and most
      of all, the general
      > membership without whom we'd just be five or six
      dorky collectors running
      > around kidding ourselves.
      >
      > Yes, even you, Chris. ;)
      >
      > You can all thank ME next time a bar tab is
      involved!!

      http://www.snarc.net

      > Computer Collector Newsletter:
      > >> http://news.computercollector.com
      >
      > Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists & Museum:
      > >> http://www.marchclub.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic