18162Re: Follow the GET LAMP Screening Tour

  • s100doctor
    Sep 5, 2010
      Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > Follow the GET LAMP Screening Tour
      > http://www.getlamp.com/jetlamp/
      > There's supposed to be more dates being added as he goes along.
      > Maybe you can get him scheduled for VCF 7.0, his schedule shouldn't be too
      > crowded by then :)
      >
      > He will be in Brooklyn Oct.7th at the Alpha One Labs hackerspace
      >
      > He's going to be here in Pittsburgh on Oct.4th at CMU.
      > I was going to bring something running Adventure or Zork.

      A CP/M system will run classic Adventure.

      Dan (or whoever contacts the GET LAMP person), you might pass along an FYI about the guy who exhibited at TCF this year about "MegaWars". That's apparently a multiplayer on-line game on Compuserve in the 80's and 90's.

      I don't have the exhibitor's name but he had a booth in the TCNJ Student Center at the time. Booth photos show "try it at megawarsiii.com" (or MEGAWARSIII.COM). No info about
      exhibitors on the TCF Web site. I spoke to him and he seemed knowledgeable about the game's history, he was working to revive it. The Web site, or contacts with TCF, may get more info.

      Herb Johnson
      emerging from the basement at retrotechnology.com
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic