18106Re: [midatlanticretro] DB25 to RJ45 adaptors (free stuff)

    Aug 29, 2010
      Justin,

      Please throw then in a small box and set it aside. We may need them for the green-screen kiosk exhibit in the museum. These adapters make it easy to use cat-4 or cat-5 for serial terminals.

      Jim

      On 8/27/2010 9:26 PM, Justin Jernigan wrote:

      I have ~25 db25 female (RS232) to RJ45 female Adaptors (ethernet?), looks like pins 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 21 are wired.  They are coming off an IBM RS6000 RS232 fanout (see picture of eBay auction) http://tinyurl.com/25n4m4a

      I am loading the IBM adaptors into the recycling bin, but I seem to recall someone looking for these rs232 to rj45 adaptors recently.  If someone needs them (some or all), send me a quick private message and I will make arrangements to get them to you.

      Regards,
      Justin

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic