17936Re: [midatlanticretro] Replacing disintegrated pads in keyboards - tip for cutting the pads

  • Bill Degnan
    Aug 4, 2010
      Dan,

      Squeeze the foam with your fingers. Does it come back quickly into shape?
      It needs to be kind of rigid. Unless the keys are very small 3mm is
      probably too short. That foam Mike suggested (don't have the name here)
      worked perfectly and cut well too. It was $3.49 for a sheet that will do 5
      keyboards.

      My point is that it's a lot of work to do the pads, be sure you have the
      good stuff.

      Bill Degnan