17912Re: [midatlanticretro] Kaypro II - no disk seek

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Aug 3, 2010
      > I went thru repairing several drives on mine - it's a chore. If the drive is
      > spinning and you have no Drive LED swap out the config jumpers. They always

      Ah okay. I'll check into it. I looked briefly this morning, and tried to
      remove the factory drives. They are mounted in there pretty good, so it
      looks like I'll have to remove the monitor to get to the allen screws that
      hold the disks in. The faceplate of the drives seem to sandwich the front
      panel, which means removing the 4 screws on the bottom of the drive
      carrier did nothing.

      Will get to it this evening, while trying to make C64 disks with the
      XA1541v2 adaptor!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic