17664Re: [midatlanticretro] Here's another way to raise money for the museum - Kickstarter.com

    Jul 10, 2010
      Thanks Dan.  We have had discussions about this very organization , it's on the list.
      bd

      Dan Roganti wrote:

      I forgot to mention, there's already one of our fellow groups on there,
      NYC RESISTOR
      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nycresistor/a-hackerspace-grows-in-brooklyn?pos=1
      A few moments ago, they successfully funded their latest project, with about $3000 in donations.

      =Dan

      Dan Roganti wrote:

      Here's a place that offers a way to raise funds for the museum.
      Kickstarter.com
      http://www.kickstarter.com/

      There are hundred's of organizations/groups/people on here already getting donations to fullfil their dreams. You make a nice presentation about what your project and goal is and you have the possiblity of raising fund to complete this, such a new musuem exhibit. You should take a close look at this, there's lots of people that are donating money to variety of projects on there, there's no reason why the museum can't either. You never know how many philanthropists might be looking at you.

      =Dan