17574Re: [midatlanticretro] old star trek ascii art

  • Andrew Molloy
    Jun 28, 2010
      On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      > Found a program on Sourceforge called ASCII Generator 2.0 but the results
      > aren't great.

      > Andy, are there any programs for taking a picture and printing the results
      > in ASCII?  It would be a great VCF (or museum) attraction, and possible a
      > money-maker, if we can take pictures of people's faces and print the results
      > as ASCII -- even in simple 8.5 x 11 paper.  Ideally we'd do it using a
      > vintage computer and vintage printer, but we could also fake it using a PC
      > and laser printer.

      This one looks pretty good and can do color too. There's an online and
      Windows version:
      http://www.text-image.com/

      The sample conversions of people's faces look pretty nice in color.

      Andy
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic