17570Re: [midatlanticretro] old star trek ascii art

  • David Gesswein
    Jun 27, 2010
      > Wouldn't it be cool to rig up a line printer or teletype at the next VCF and
      > print out ascii art for attendees? I bet David could get something going on
      > his one of his PDPs. :)

      I did a simple snoopy at VCF's but on a teletype anything complex
      takes too long for most people to wait for.

      I have PC era dot matrix that would work but need to get a DECwriter
      or a drum printer to be appropriate for my exhibit and fast enough. I
      printed some on IBM mainframes back in the day. This is the tape I have.
      http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/ascii_art/

      I also have 5 level teletype art tapes which I need to finish reading in some
      day.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic