17365RE: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Jun 2, 2010
      Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
      From Dan's measurement of his original, combined with the test procedure in the assembly
      instructions, 5k Ohm.  The Futaba joystick pots are 5k and work with all of the original
      software I've been able to run on them.  If you keep an eye on ebay, you can get a transmitter
      much cheaper than what Mouser or Digi-Key charges.  Also, how close are you looking to
      come in terms of physical reproduction?  When I built mine, there was nothing physically
      close available new retail.  Hammond still makes a very close enclosure, both in terms of
      dimensions and color.

      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Richard Cini
      Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:05 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

      What is the resistance on the pots? Both Mouser and Digi-Key have suitable pots — not vintage, but workable. I’m guessing 10k, which looks to be pretty common. I remember that Rat Shack had them long ago...need to dig in my boxes.

      On 6/1/10 8:33 AM, "Bill Sudbrink" <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

      The tough part of making a Cromemco joystick console repro is finding the
      actual joystick module.  After a lot of looking, I found that Futaba T5 series
      RC model transmitters have joystick modules with the correct pot values and
      look about right.  I showed my Cromemco loaded IMSAI chassis at VCF East
      last year.  I think there are some pictures on the web somewhere that show
      how my repros turned out.  Oh, one other thing, if you find a D+7A without
      the edge connector, I have a spare.