173Hello new members

  • evan947
    Mar 24, 2005
      Hi, and welcome to MARCH -- the Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists.

      Our very first event, which is a vintage computing exhibit at the
      Trenton Computer Festival's 30th anniversary (tcf-nj.org), is coming
      up in just three weeks!

      Most of us are bringing a few vintage systems to TCF, all of which
      will be live and ready to demo to attendees. So, please read the
      "who's bringing what to tcf" table (in the 'database' link of this
      yahoo group) to see what you can contribute. We'd like to avoid
      redundancies. (Don't forget to make hotel reservations! There is a
      link of places on the TCF site; it's also included in the relevant
      emails in the archives on this group page.)

      There is also a 'virtual swap meet' table for buying / selling
      /trading stuff among members (though none of that is allowed at TCF).

      After TCF, we'll start planning many more events.

      Another exciting development is the prospect of getting our own
      physical museum! Check out the message archives for all the details.

      If new (or old!) members have any questions, please ping the group, or
      contact me directly at evan947@....

      - Evan Koblentz