      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ray Sills
      Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:02 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Fundraising

      Hi Gang:

      I've seen periodic references to the "financial condition" of the
      group, and right now it appears that outgo exceeds income.  Not a
      good thing.

      I've also noticed from the web page that there are 99 members in the
      group.  Naturally, not everyone has unlimited funds and has to be
      mindful of how their own money is spent.  But certainly, more of us
      could send -something-.

      But, it seems to me that if -everyone- gave at least $5... the group
      treasury would be in good shape.  One way some of you could even to
      that for free might be to open a PayPal account.  I'm not sure what
      the current policy is, but it used to be that PayPal would -give- you
      $5 just to open the account.  Even if that's gone away, PayPal is a
      useful way to send money via the web.

      (Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with PayPay other than being a user.)

      73 de Ray

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic