17093Re: Utterly OT: * my * ideal keyboard

  • brian_cirulnick
    May 11, 2010
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...> wrote:

      > The IBM Model M is just a touch softer than the Selectric, but it's
      > adaptable to pretty much any modern machine. And you can buy a brand
      > new one with Windows keys and everything from Unicomp. It's my favorite
      > keyboard.

      I second that. About 7 years ago... no, maybe it's a decade ago at this point, I made an effort to go around at TCF and buy as many of the PS/2 Model M keyboards as I could find. Back then they were like $2 each.

      Best. Investment. Ever.

      They are indestructable and one of the best keyboards I've ever used (although I still prefer my Amiga 1000's keyboard as the best I've ever used, but I can't use the Amiga 1000 keyboard on a modern PC (as far as I know)...

      You'll know the real Model M because it's heavy as hell, has removable keycaps (so you can clean each key individually), and makes that wonderful "klickety" sound as you're typing. Good feedback keyboard, I hardly ever make a typo on it.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic