17044Re: Movies

  • ysgdhio
    May 5, 2010
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Ray Sills <raysills@...> wrote:
      > Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
      > with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will send
      > you a movie..

      A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
      The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
      So your cost is between $25 and $30
      and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

      My local Barnes & Noble has the War Games DVD for either $14.99 or $9.99 depending on their mood (and that might even be the 25th Anniversary Edition). Even with tax, you're ahead of the game and you'll have it "now".

      As another data point, Amazon seems to have it for $7.13 new, plus shipping, and I haven't had to consume any cereal.

      Oh wait, I already own this DVD.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic