16612Re: [midatlanticretro] Computer Cleaning Advice

    Apr 1, 2010
      I'd try microwaving it.  Maybe that will loosen the grime, or was say in Yiddish, the "schmutz".

      Hello fellowMARCHins !

      I recently acquired a Commodore 65 and it is very dirty. I took Bill Degnan's advice and washed it first with dish washing liquid and let it soak overnight. Then use a blow dryer.

      It still had some grime, so I remember a previous thread where he mentioned using Comet. I used that.

      It still had some tough grime inside it that wouldn't come out. Would anyone recommend sand paper ?

      Any recommendations would be helpful !

      Jeff Brace

      HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY !
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic