16591Re: [midatlanticretro] Data recovery project

  • Dan Roganti
    Mar 30, 2010

      Mike Loewen wrote:
      On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, BDegnan wrote:

      Wow!  I hope to see this some day

          He wants to eventually put up a web site about the history of the Super
      Elf.  He had hard copies of some of the documents, but they were dot
      matrix printouts and not suitable for OCR.  With the original source
      documents, it will make it much easier for him.  We recovered lots of
      documentation (Super BASIC, Tiny BASIC, etc.) and some source code.

      This is really great, I built the Netronics Elf back then, I always wanted to get this back someday.
      But I wondered how did they download the code into the Elf from the CP/M machine ?
      Did they make a compatible cassette interface to save them on tape or did they download via the serial port ?

      =Dan