      From: Bob Applegate <bob@...>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] OT: anyone want an old scope?
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 9:00 AM

      A co-worker had a flood in his basement a few years ago and his Tektronix 453 scope was under water. Once it dried out, we plugged it in and it does still work. Many of the controls are dirty. I wouldn't use this as my main scope, but it someone wants to clean this up it should be a nice little scope again. Is someone looking for a restoration project who also needs a scope? If you don't want to handle the internals then the case and front panel can still clean up nicely for a static display. It's a dual-trace 50 MHz scope used in professional environments. Ie, this was priced and built for commercial use

      A nice page showing internals and some words on restoration:

      http://www.diyguita rist.com/ TestEquipment/ Tektronix453. htm

      I'm in south Jersey or can bring it to TCF. Otherwise it goes into trash this week. I've got two other scopes and don't need yet another project.

      Bob

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic