16425Re: [midatlanticretro] historical? - Zenith minisPORT laptop

  • Dan Roganti
    Mar 5, 2010

      just making some remarks about the distinction...

      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      Just because something is a mutant doesn't make it historic.

      The smaller drive form factor which demonstrated a better storage density is an innovation not a mutant. Their LCD laptop may be an example of another mutant of that period but you can't dismiss the innovation.

      If some kid is born with 19 arms, that doesn't make him an important part of
      human evolutionary history.

      In a many centuries from now, Bill Degnan the 19th will post to a list
      and write, "But that kid was the only one with 19 arms!  I don't know of
      any others.  I best blog about it...."   :)

      It's more historic because it's one of the few laptops with a 2" disk drive.  The size is not anything special at all, it's the same as most LCD laptops of the era.  I don't know of any other laptops that had a 2" disk drive, does anyone?

      =Dan