16370Re: [midatlanticretro] They Don't Make Computer Manuals Like They Used To

  • Bob Applegate
    Feb 25, 2010
      Most of the manuals were by Sal Manetta who I exchanged emails with last night.  He might have started with stuff written by Dave McWherter who was the VP of Engineering when I started.

      On Feb 25, 2010, at 7:57 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      Ha .... You read my mind!  I was just about to reply and say, "Let's see if we can get either The Bobs to comment on this."

      Do you know who wrote the manuals?

      Glad you enjoyed them :)

      A lot of people focus on the hardware and software of the early days, but most of the stories behind the scenes go untold.  The stories are the best part!  The early 80s was a very exciting time in the personal computer world and a few of us were fortunate enough to work for personal computer companies back then.

      On Feb 25, 2010, at 6:36 PM, ysgdhio wrote:

      http://www.ironicsa ns.com/2010/ 02/they_dont_ make_computer_ manual.html

      (Wouldn't have been half as good without the added commentary by Bob!)

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic