1630Re: [midatlanticretro] Q-Link - oops!

    Oct 31, 2005
      In today's context, this message is a liitle out of the blue. It sat in
      "drafts" for a long time. I meant to delete it and clicked the wrong button.
      Oh well!

      ...I really do miss CompuServe, the best of the old online services, and
      freeshell.org is a true "vintage experience".

      Jim

      --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:

      > Ah, if only someone could resurect the old text-based CompuServe. I miss
      > the
      > comraderie of the forums... Using a 2400bps modem... Downloading messages
      > using TapCIS... Paying $24/hour to connect...
      >
      > Oh for the good old days!
      >
      > BTW, if you miss a green-screen UNIX system, try http://freeshell.org/. A
      > limited but still useful UNIX shell account is free and for $1 you get more
      > complete shell account functionality for life.
      >
      > Jim
      >
      > --- billdeg@... wrote:
      >
      > > I have a number of the original Q-Link disks, I wish I could dial in
      > > directly, that'd be even better.
      > > Bill

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic