16186Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: MARCHins vs. Snowmageddon!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Feb 11, 2010
      David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

      >> How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ... >
      >Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc. > Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches.
      >Didn't go to work monday since my street wasn't plowed. Took today off
      >also. At least I had power. A friend lost it friday night and didn't get
      >it back until tuesday. I have a tree down in the back yard but it didn't
      >hit anything so just more for the todo list.

      The comms lines from the poll to the house were quite ice ladden here and
      hanging quite low. I took a long piece of wood and knocked off the ice.
      A couple of power hits here too. Nothing more than about 5 minute without
      power. Fortunately, I have 2 2200VA UPS each with external extra battery
      units. I'm good for about 8 hours, with reduced load, on those.

      As soon as we're shovelled out from this one, there's more on the way too.

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic