      From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Printers compatible with The Print Shop for the Commodore 64
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 8:52 PM

      Jeff,
      Start with the Epson MX, then Panasonic KX, and try every printer until you find the match.  That's the only thing you can do.  Probably the Epson MX is the most generic and for banners that should be good enough.
      Bill

      Jeffrey Brace wrote:

      I'm trying to help Evan setup the Commodore 64 in the MARCH exhibit so that it can use The Print Shop to print banners etc. After failing to get it to work with the Commodore 1526, I realized that a graphics capable printer must be necessary. So in the setup menu for The Print Shop, the following printers are listed:

      EPSON MX-,FX-,RX- (80 OR 100)
      STAR GEMINI 10X, 15X, DELTA, RADIX
      C-ITOH (PROWRITER) OR NEC 8023
      OKIDATA MICROLINE 92,93
      BLUE CHIP M120/10, LEGEND 880
      MANNESMANN TALLY SPIRIT 80
      PANASONIC KX-P1090, 1091

      My question is: MUST I have one of these printers or are there others that are compatible, but not listed for some reason ?  I have an Okidata 120 (graphics capable) and a Star NX-1000C (most likely graphics capable) that I will be trying, but it would be helpful to know if I'm just spinning my wheels.

      If you have any experience with this software on the C64, then please let me know.

      Thank You !

      Jeff Brace

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic