      Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 9:47 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Word/Excel for Classic Mac questions

      All --

          Happy new year to everyone. Today I found some old Mac disks from college and I have a Mac question for the experts on the list. The documents I found are Word 1 and Excel 1 format which don't seem to be readable by Word 6 and Excel 5.

         I can use a two-step process of running Word 3 running in vMac to convert from Word 1.x to 3.x and then converting it to Word 6 running in Basilisk, but I wondered if any Mac experts on the list knew of a more direct conversion method like an installable file converter for Word 6.

          On a partially-related note, I installed Excel 2.2 for some other conversions but I found that disk 2 is corrupt. Does anyone have a copy they could shoot me? Thanks!

      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      http://www.altair32 .com
      http://www.classicc mp.org/cini