15786RE: [midatlanticretro] SGI

  • BDegnan
    Jan 1, 2010
      They are vintage, but a newer era's vintage. GUI age

      From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
      Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 12:48 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] SGI

      what about the early SGI machines from the 80's that used the 68K processors ?
      I think they are a good example of early graphical workstations that would be vintage.

      =Dan

      B Degnan wrote:
      "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
      bd

      Christian Liendo wrote:
      When will SGI be vintage?