15658Re: [midatlanticretro] Isepik (Icepick)

  • Ray Sills
    Dec 14, 2009
      Isepik is a combination of software and a hardware gadget that plugs
      into the cartridge port.
      It has a ROM on board (IIRC) that can be switched on after the target
      program is running in the C64. I suspect it makes the switch after a
      video interrupt, or something like that.

      Anyway, once the gadget is in control of the machine, you can dump
      the RAM contents on to a floppy disk, using a standard 1541 drive.
      And, you'd be able to then load -that- disk directly with the drive.
      And (again IIRC) you would not need the Isepik to run that disk.

      The company asserted that it was not a tool for piracy, but making
      legitimate archival copies of software you own. Right.

      73 de Ray