      From: Ray Sills <raysills@...>
      Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:57:11 -0500
      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: the party...

      Somewhere in the bowels of MARCH's collection of "stuff" is an
      "Icepik" or two. That was one of those gadgets that would let you
      freeze an operating program, and then make a RAM dump on to a disk.
      On reloading -that- disk, you jumped right back into an operating

      It's only supposed to be used for "archival" purposes, of course.

      73 de Ray

      On Dec 14, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

      > Bill,
      > Yes, that is interesting, but not surprising that the company who
      > made it would copy protect all versions for all systems. There are
      > very few copy protected games for Mac and PC (that I have owned).
      > On the commodore side, of course there were lots of protected
      > disks, which were ever increasing in sophistication over the years.
      > A who other topic. Maybe we should change the subject line for this
      > tread ?
      > If you are looking only to make a backup copy, then you can use
      > Maverick (disk copier, file utilities, monitor etc). I have those
      > disks and all the parameters disks (I actually bought all of them
      > years ago). I suppose Fast Hack'em might work too, if it is new
      > enough. Let me know if want those disks. Also you were talking
      > about memory dumps. You can use a Super Snapshot or similar
      > cartridge to freeze memory and save it to disk.
      > Jeff

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic