15646RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: the party...

  • Bill Degnan
    Dec 14, 2009

      > >FYI Sunday I tried to make a copy of the LodeRunner game that I have in

      > >Commodore format to see how hard it would be, and I also ran into
      > >difficulty. There is a copy protection scheme involving a track of
      > >non-standard formatting of some kind. I would have to figure out where
      in
      > >memory this game loads and make a memory dump, etc. to bypass the disk
      > >checking routine. Not really worth it.
      >
      > Bill,
      >
      > Have you checked c64preservation.com? You can find the disk protection
      >
      > scheme in their database for many titles. Then pop over to NoGames64 and
      >
      > grab a disk tool that will let you duplicate the disk error. This of
      course
      > assumes
      >
      > you were referencing a Commodore 64.

      Yes, c64. I am sure there is a cracked version someplace too. I was just
      curious to see if they also protected the C64 version, as we discovered on
      Saturday they did of the MAC SE version. I have the original so I really
      don't need to make a copy for any reason other than to preserve the
      program.

      Thanks