15645RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: the party...

  • Justin Jernigan
    Dec 14, 2009

      >FYI Sunday I tried to make a copy of the LodeRunner game that I have in
      >Commodore format to see how hard it would be, and I also ran into
      >difficulty. There is a copy protection scheme involving a track of
      >non-standard formatting of some kind. I would have to figure out where in
      >memory this game loads and make a memory dump, etc. to bypass the disk
      >checking routine. Not really worth it.

      Bill,

      Have you checked c64preservation.com?  You can find the disk protection

      scheme in their database for many titles. Then pop over to NoGames64 and

      grab a disk tool that will let you duplicate the disk error. This of course assumes

      you were referencing a Commodore 64.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic