15642Re: the party...

  • ysgdhio
    Dec 14, 2009
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <VAXman@...> wrote:
      > I thought that there was no internet? I would have had it since I use an
      > EVDO but I could swear I read mention that there was no internet there.

      There's no internet at the TIROS building, where the party was to have been held originally.
      Wifi coverage around the hotel is limited at best.
      I think the access point is actually at the cottage.

      So thanks to everyone who was able to make it to the party
      and contribute to it's success.
      I think we all had an excellent time -- some more than others.

      As cold as it was on Saturday, I preferred that to the deluge we had on Sunday,
      especially when I was trying to load my car and got soaked.
      Normally, that wouldn't have been a problem if I'd have driven straight home.
      But I decided to stay at InfoAge for a few more hours.
      The payoff: being able to use the ham radio to talk to my friend at the South Pole.
      Thrilled to log this rare DX contact, I drove home with a big grin on my face.
      Now imagine if that was your very first contact as a new ham. (Congratulations Steve!)

      When's the spring party? I'm already looking forward to it.

      Andy
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic