15340Re: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Party

  • Dan Roganti
    Dec 2, 2009
      B Degnan wrote:
      Hi - I am starting to run out of working non-IBM branded full height diskette drives.  I am therefore looking for these, any make or model will do, but Tandon's are preferred.

      One of the activities I had in mind for the upcoming workshops next year was to have a marathon session on repairing floppy drives, preferably the older ones for S-100 systems, since they are getting scarce, and both 5-1/4" and 8" drives. I have a few myself that need to get rebuilt, as I like to get a 3 or 4 disk system up and running sometime. So over the winter, I was going to prepare a checklist, test equipment, parts and tools to help streamline the process for a future vintage computer workshop.

      =Dan

      --
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/
      http://www.midatlanticretro.org/