14974Re: [midatlanticretro] TCF 2010 + MARCH

    Nov 3, 2009
      > I politely disagree with Evan's point that exposure at this event will
      > take away from VCF
      I said I'm concerned that it * could *. Yes, I'm probably
      over-reacting. Just trying to protect MARCH and VCF East. Overall, I
      think the more exposure for our hobby, the better.
      > How many exhibitors at VCF do you think we'll get from TCF?

      Beats me. My goal is more attendees.
      > Who in this group saw the vintage computer exhibit at the Smithsonian
      > and said, that's enough for me for at least one year.
      I don't think that is fair. TCF / VCF are close in proximity and have a
      similar-sounding name. I'm mildly concerned that people might get
      confused, etc.
      > I have a practically ready-made presentation that involves TCF on my
      > web site with original pictures, etc. I have a lot more info as well
      You do indeed have some great research on the history of user groups in
      our area. That could be a perfect talk at Trenton. But I wanted you to
      offer it; I didn't want to volunteer you. :)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic