14868Re: [midatlanticretro] Pretty much OT: need a part for a digital (brand) laptop

    Oct 23, 2009
      Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
      Why not try splicing the cable?
      A little shrink tubing and care with a soldering iron and you are back in b=
      It may not be pretty but shouldn't be that hard to do.
      At least you will know if the LCD is functional.
      Then get a new cable if you still want one.
      Are there connectors on both ends? If not you may need to solder it anyway.
      Why not disclose which make and model?
      I may, somewhere in my vast stores of d|i|g|i|t|a|l kit, documentation and
      sundry DEC paraphernalia, have the cable needed.
      This cable, which I believe you're saying is one of those delicate flat connectors between the display or keyboard and the CPU - impossible to reconstruct yourself.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic