14819Re: [midatlanticretro] Pretty much OT: need a part for a digital (brand) laptop

  • Joe Giliberti
    Oct 19, 2009
      I didn't want to mention it, but is uses a Pentium 166MHz processor :x. The computer functions when connected to an external monitor. The ribbon cable that goes between the LCD and the base is torn.

      On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      They only had one or two laptops in the early 90's. The form factor would
      have been similar to the GRiD 1720. I remember Digital had a lttle laptop
      that I evaluated while working at ICI in the early 90's. We did not buy
      any, they were nice but they did not seem rugged enough for the sales reps
      ithey were intended for. That must have been one of their last products
      before being bought out by Compaq. Likely it's just a standard 286 laptop
      IBM format clone I 'reccon, unlikely to be a 3/486. If it's not
      functional, start with the power supply, make sure you're feeding the
      correct power to the system before you do anything. With a little
      checking, you should be able to determine what the correct power should be,
      probably between 14-19v