14510Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum storage ideas?

  • Bill Degnan
    Sep 29, 2009
      <snip>

      > The Humid stuff I think can be handled with plastic storage bags and
      Silica Gel packets

      > If we get people to locate those items, we could wrap up a lot of the
      stuff in bags and and gell and they are better protected.

      > I mean EVERY piece of electronic equipment comes with these bags. Just
      put out the word that we need Silica Gell bags and Plastic bags and we
      should be good.

      > Also a vacuum to vacuum out the air helps.

      This is important for all of those IC's from Grabbe, over time these will
      get corroded, even in their plastic boxes, if the moisture cannot escape
      faster than it enters.

      Personally I place everything in my inventory into a bag or anti-static bag
      (when it fits). I am always thinking long term storage. I also have a
      dehumidifier running. It's A LOT of work though, something that needs to
      be done diligently and for now, we should focus on bagging items in
      priority order. I wish I could be there more often.