14506Re: Rockwell AIM 65 to S100 Bus??

  • joprysko1
    Sep 29, 2009
      Does that have anything to do with the other messages in regards to moving stuff to the museum, or is that a different one? Because I would like to help with the move if help is needed.

      I would love to visit the museum sometime soon. :) It's an awesome thing that I have often thought of trying to do.

      In my younger years I was horrible to hardware, to the point where if I couldn't fix it and get it to work, I would make sure no one could.. I kind of regret those days and the now classic/vintage tech that I annihilated.

      Here is an example. To some people erasing a hard drive is enough to be able to chuck it. To me, that would be nothing, I would remove every screw, bend every platter, use a screw driver and pop every chip off the board.. pretty much if I was throwing something out, it WAS nothing but trash.. But those days are long gone.. (although even if I throw out a TV or something now adays, I will cut the power cable, and do some additional collateral damage to the unit to make it "not worth" trying to fix.. I guess old habits die hard.

      I can often be a wellspring of knowledge also, in tracking down info about rare/obscure items.

      I am looking forward to participating in this group.

      Thanks,

      Joe O.

      (Also, if we want a "Handle" for me, ExSlyder is one that I have used for many, many years.)

      > Glad you're here. I deem thee Joe O., as we already have a Joe (G.)
      >
      > Sounds like you'll fit in! I changed your message status from "need approval" to "automatic" since you proved that you're not a troll or spambot.
      >
      > Our next "official" event is our winter party during some not-yet-decided weekend in December ... the Vintage Computer Festivus! That's at our museum in Wall, N.J.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic