14503Re: Rockwell AIM 65 to S100 Bus??

  • joprysko1
    Sep 29, 2009
      My name is Joe Oprysko, I live in Hatboro, PA.

      Yeah, I saw that there was one last year and I am looking forward to it. I hopefully will be getting the AIM 65 setup from my co-worker this week. He had used it in the 70's and 80's to build and circuits for the broadcast industry. He told me he also has the expansion cage (I am assuming the Microflex 65 cage) as well as some breadboards and other expansion cards. So I am very excited about this.

      It has really been too long for me with actually "Fixing" computers. I remember being armed with a soldering iron and logic probe and multi-meter to do board level repairs on computers.

      Over the years because of moving, I have lost so many interesting pieces, either because they were too big or too expensive to move (As well as years ago, after I moved from my parents house, a lot of my stuff found it's way to the dumpsters.) :(

      I don't have a huge collection of stuff right now, but I am working on it.

      Oh, something else I found very interesting, apparently next week, there is a guy who is going to be e-baying an Apple 1.

      Well, I am definitely looking forward to the hacking weekend, and looking forward to meeting other Vintage computer fans. :)

      Joe

      > joprysko1 wrote:
      > > Supposedly there is a motherboard that will allow the Rockwell AIM 65 (6502 based computer) to connect to S100 bus cards. Does anyone know anything about this? Would anyone know if a connector could be made to connect to an S100 Motherboard (I have a 6 slot S100 bus board/motherboard)
      > >
      > > Oh, and by the way.. HI! I am new to the group!!
      > >

      > Joprysko1
      > What is your name? Where are you from?
      >
      > I have a lot of AIM 65 stuff, but it's been on the back burner because I
      > have been focusing on 8080 systems / S-100 for the past few years.
      >
      > Maybe in January when we have our next hacker weekend you could bring
      > your AIM set up. I am not sure where the hacker weekend will be, I
      > suppose my house in Landenberg, PA.
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic