14496Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum storage ideas?

  • Joe Giliberti
    Sep 28 11:15 PM
      Wood pallets are fairly easy to come by, cheap or free. For pallets of small items, we could make a wall around three sides of one pallet with three other pallets, and screw it all together. It would make a cube with 4 of 6 sides. It won't be pretty, but it should work.

      On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:10 AM, <evan@...> wrote:

      We need to brainstorm for storage ideas.

      I'd like to abandon our basement room and move ALL of our storage into one of the H-building sections. Fred said that's okay if we meet two requirements: everything is neatly organized, and everything is easily moved by casters or forklift.

      Our very heavy items are already on wheels or can sit on pallets.

      My concern is the small stuff. Pallets don't have a back or sides and they offer only one level; large metal storage carts are very expensive; strong utility tables don't have wheels.

      Please share your constructive, non-sarcastic ideas.

      We could start The Big Schlep a few weeks after Halloween. For now we need serious ideas.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic