1414Re: Sinclair people out there?

  • relayer
    Oct 4, 2005
      I'm afraid I don't have any tapes, but I do have a couple TS1000's
      that I'd like to put to use.

      Is there a tape repository available for these machines? I know we
      have digital tape backups of a lot of early 80's computers, but I
      don't know of any for the TS1000/ZX81 series.

      Just an idea.... Would it be too impractical to convert the tapes to
      .wav/.mp3/.ogg format to play back from a portable player? My Palm
      Zire plays audio files and it would be great to hook that up to my
      classic computers to load tape data. Heck, I'd be glad to host the
      files on my server if people would use them.

      I guess I could start the ball rolling. I have a few CoCo tapes and a
      couple TI-99 tapes I can convert. I'll have to dig them out from where
      they're being stored (and then cross my fingers that they work).

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
      > If anyone has a Sinclair program tape to trade (ZX 81 / 1000
      compatible),
      > contact me directly and let me know what you'd like in exchange.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic