      From: Ian King <iking@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] slashdot re-writing history
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 11:28 AM

      Follow the thread: it’s the underlying “H Plus” site that made this claim.  They were firmly corrected by several folks.  :-)

      It was interesting just how hard some of them were still working to cast Microsoft as a ‘bad guy’ in the story, but in fact Microsoft purchased QDOS from Seattle Computer Products, dotted some I’s and crossed some t’s, and sold it to IBM for their new PC (IBM promptly rebranding it, although the v2.0 manual’s cover sheet prominently states, “By Microsoft Corporation”).  When other vendors got into the game, Microsoft had retained the right to sell MS-DOS to them, too.  -- Ian

      On 9/1/09 10:20 PM, "Joe Giliberti" <Starbase89@gmail. com> wrote:

      I didn't think that PCs got their start via reverse engineered Microsoft DOS put on computers with 8080 processors.. .

      http://science. slashdot. org/story/ 09/09/01/ 235205/Space- Shuttle-To- Be-Replaced- By-SpaceX- For-ISS-Resupply

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic