1397Re: [midatlanticretro] if anyone's interested in the AT & T UNIX PC

    Sep 30, 2005
      Chris,

      I thought those things were cool when they were new, but they run a 68000
      chip so you should stay away. AT&T also had a portable version that I'd
      really like to find, although that product may have never reached the market.
      If you know of a UNIX PC available at my favorite price (including software,
      of course), please, please, please let me know. Another interesting machine
      would be an IBM RT/PC, which ran AIX on an early RISC chip.

      These machines come from the time when many industry pundits thought UNIX
      would succeed DOS as the preferred OS for business PCs.

      Jim

      --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

      > It's not a PEECEE in the typical sense. Check out this
      > link:
      > http://unixpc.taronga.com/
      > there seems to be alot of junk on there. Good thing,
      > all my disks are bad :(

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic