1396Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: PDP11 stuff available

    Sep 30, 2005
      John,

      One of the things I'd like to do down the road when we actually have a
      museum, is to set up a catalog of the collection on display with information
      on each item. This would be accessible to the public using terminals. It
      would be really cool if this system was running on something vintage - like a
      PDP 11/73. This would be a way to bring the collection to life in a way that
      is meaningful to the visitors.

      Now if we were to actually implment this, we would be spares of everything,
      so the museum could use just about everything on the list that is not already
      claimed. There is space to store this stuff at InfoAge, so let's get whatever
      we can.

      Jim

      --- john_apw <infomagic@...> wrote:

      > Evan and all,
      >
      > I've been in touch with the fellow, and will be able to arrange a
      > pickup. Please let me know which of the item the museum would want.
      >
      > Also, for anyone in south NJ, I can be a relay station to shorten
      > your trip. Just let me know what you want and we can arrange a
      > pickup from here.
      >
      > -John
      > Montclair, NJ
      > 973 220-0221 cell
      > 973 746-9535 business
      >

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
      > wrote:
      > > Somebody in Pearl River New York has the following equipment
      > available.
      > > He would prefer pickup but can ship if nobody offers pickup.
      > >
      > > Email pdp11stuff@p... to contact him (protecting email from
      > harvesting).
      > > If somebody is planning to take all email me otherwise I will post
      > later
      > > to wider distribution lists.
      > >
      > > Two PDP Micro 11/73
      > > One Dec Professional 350
      > > One TS05 magnetic Tape Drive
      > > One Data Systems Design Floppy Drive - an RX02 look alike
      > > One FACS Consort 40 - an OEM 11/04
      > > Two Diablo 1620 printers - these were the printers that produced
      > IBM
      > > typewriter quality output
      > > Two Texas Instruments Omni 800 printers - an LA120 equivalent
      > > One 874 Power Controller
      > > One VT100 terminal - has the special interface on the back that
      > allows one
      > > of the Diablo printers to be used like a memory typewriter.
      > > I have most or all documentation for these devices as well and I
      > may have
      > > one or two other miscellaneous items not yet dug out.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic