13949Re: Suggestions for cleaning a 27 year old PCB

  • rkushnier
    Aug 24 8:10 AM
      Hi Guys,
      Re:alcohol
      Vodka is best! Expensive, but if you mix it with orange juice and drink, you won't care what the PC looks like. :-)

      I use Walgreens 91% alcohol for most clean up projects. I still have a bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol from Drug Emporium. It may be avalible elsewhere.

      For critical applications, I'll use special tape head cleaner to insure no residue.

      It's true! Some types of rubbing alcohol contains oils and other junk that can be detrimental for use as a cleaner.

      Also, buying Dollar Store alcohol(50%) is like buying a half a bottle of water.

      Ron K
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic