13919Re: [midatlanticretro] Burroughs L700 with work station

  • Dan Roganti
    Aug 22, 2009

      B Degnan wrote:
      does MARCH want a Burroughts L7000 minicomputer (1971)?  It comes with a
      work station that reads cards, etc.  It's very dusty, but it's complete,
      and would take up an entire wall in the minicomputer exhibit room.    I
      can be cleaned and should be in a museum.    It's kind of like the L5000
      and L9000 I have read, but there are no pics on the web.

      I dug up this document recently while searching for other things online and I noticed it mentions about this machine among others. It has quite a comprehensive look at the comparisons between the various business computers of the day. It also has a good amount of technical info which would help towards documenting this exhibit once you have the machine relocated to Infoage.

      Auerbach Guide to Small Business Computers ,1972, 156pgs
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/vintage/docs/Auerbach1972.pdf

      =Dan