13777Re: [midatlanticretro] today @ infoage

  • Joe Giliberti
    Aug 9, 2009
      http://www.ocla.com/makepagebak8.php?SUBCAT2B=COMMODORERIBBONS

      On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

      We need a printer for the Commodore Pet exhibit. We have to figure out which kind of printer was available for the pet. Anyone know what was available when the PET first came out ?

      Also we need someone to fix the Commodore 1541 drive (or find a working, reliable one). It seems every drive that belongs to MARCH has one problem or another. I will try to see if it is a simple fix like cleaning the drive heads. Beyond that I would defer to someone like Ian Primus who knows more about troubleshooting these drives. It could be an alignment problem or a chip problem, which I don't know how to fix.

      I will search around the commodore community to see where Commodore 1526 cartridge ribbons can be obtained.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:56 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] today @ infoage

      Joe and I continued with cleaning and organizing today. Jeff B. dropped
      off a printer for the C-64 exhibit. He popped in a cartridge from one
      of our printers (a different model), and not only did it fit, the ink
      was dark during a test print. Good stuff. Joe cleaned several exhibit
      items. I was upstairs making more posters. We put the first four door
      posters into black frames. I'll hang them next time. There were also
      several visitors today, many with children. All seemed interested in
      our museum despite the renovation and many said they'll come to VCF.
      Nick L. also visited us. At the end of the day, Steve G. had an
      impromptu BBQ for all the volunteers. Good food and drink.

      Anyone have a copy of Commodore Print Shop? I'd like to make some
      vintage banners. I think we DO have a copy in the basement, but it's
      quicker for someone to give me a known-good disk than for me to find and
      test 'em.

      Also what is the best source for buying new cartridges when ours run out?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic